The GC Digital Initiatives End-of-Year Showcase, which will feature presentations from different members of our Digital GC community, will be held
Wednesday, May 17th
from 4:15 to 6:15 p.m.
in the Martin E. Segal Theatre
with a reception to follow in room 3317.
The program includes presentations by
The Digital Praxis Seminar Class
The Digital Praxis Seminar is a two-course sequence that introduces students to the landscape of digital humanities tools and methods through readings, discussion, lectures, and hands-on workshops. The spring seminar culminates in the launch of collaborative student projects. At the showcase, students from the 2016-17 Digital Praxis Seminar will unveil their projects:
- End/Line: a web application for students and teachers of poetry interested in engaging more deeply with texts through TEI encoding.
- Zine Union Catalog: a unified search interface for zine collections located across multiple libraries and archives.
As well as projects by the following GC groups
- Provost’s Digital Innovation Grant recipients
- the GC Digital Fellows
- Program Social Media Fellows
- Videography Fellows
- the Futures Initiative
- the New Media Lab
- the Interactive Technology and Pedagogy Certificate Program
- GC Digital Research Institute participants
The Showcase is an excellent way to learn about the opportunities, resources, and research projects at the Graduate Center. Open to all! We look forward to seeing you there.