As part of a generous grant from New York State’s CUNY Strategic Investment Initiative, GC Digital Initiatives purchased equipment for physical computing, 3D printing, and audio production to develop a maker space at The Graduate Center.
The GC Maker Space currently lives in the Digital Scholarship Lab, Room 7414 and runs on the premise that hands-on experiments lead to critical engagement with technologies.
Spring 2017 Programming
- Monday Maker Hours
- Alternating Mondays from 4:00-6:00pm
- For students, faculty, and staff to drop in and experiment with our available technologies under the guidance of the GC Digital Fellows.
- Introduction to Physical Computing with Arduino Workshop
- February 8th, 6:30-8:30pm
- An all-levels introduction to the principles of physical computing with Arduino, no equipment required
- Offered as part of NYCDH Week, free and open to the public with registration
For more information on how to get involved, please fill out our contact form. We look forward to sharing in this space and its possibilities with you.