We are seeking a full-time Digital Humanities Coordinator to join our Digital Initiatives team at the Graduate Center, CUNY. Please see the description below (which uses the payroll title “Digital Humanities Manager”) and apply online.
. . .
The Graduate Center of the City University of New York (CUNY), a doctorate-granting institution of CUNY, is devoted to advancing original research and training graduate students in over 31 fields in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences.
We are seeking a Digital Humanities Manager to help coordinate and expand a growing set of digital initiatives at the Graduate Center aimed at fostering new work that integrates digital tools and methods into the core research and teaching missions of the institution. We build community platforms, visualize cultural patterns in social media, explore new forms of the book, host a DH speaker series, help graduate students expand the integration of technology and pedagogy, foster transformation on issues of social justice, and collaborate with digital fellows on exciting digital projects.
Based in the Provost’s Office and reporting to the Advisor to the Provost for Digital Initiatives, the Digital Humanities Manager will join an institution with strong and clear support for digital initiatives and will be part of an enthusiastic and collaborative community of faculty members, students, and staff working together to explore new DH projects and opportunities.
- Manage the preparation and submission of more than three new grant proposals per year and maintain the management of successfully funded projects.
- Manage administration of the GC Digital Praxis Seminar, which introduces new doctoral and master’s students at the GC to DH texts, projects, and practices.
- Work with the GC Digital Fellows Program and the Provost’s Digital Innovation Grants program, managing the arrangement of workshops to help students improve their skills.
- Maintain the management of the GC Digital Scholarship Lab and related equipment.
- Serve as a liaison to academic programs, centers, and institutes partnered with GC Digital Initiatives.
- Maintain the management of the CUNY Digital Humanities Initiative.
- Manage initiatives associated with digital initiatives that are part of the Graduate Center’s Performance Management Process.
- May supervise support staff.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and six years of relevant experience. A Ph.D. in area(s) of expertise, or equivalent, is preferred.
Also important is past success working collaboratively in interdisciplinary environments; familiarity with the most recent scholarship in the digital humanities; a proven record of grant writing and project management skills; and a commitment to open-source code and open-access scholarship.
Experience with a technical area of digital humanities such as data visualization, text mining, digital pedagogy, spatial humanities, data curation, network analysis, and scholarly communication strongly desired.