The CUNY Graduate Center Digital Fellows Program places doctoral students with advanced technological skills in strategic positions throughout the Graduate Center. While the responsibilities of each fellow will vary according to the location in which the fellow is placed, duties may involve some or all of the following:
- Exploring new ways for Graduate Center faculty, students, and staff to share their academic work through new technological platforms and social media tools;
- Contributing to and helping to implement a strategic vision for public digital scholarship at the GC;
- Working directly with GC faculty members on digital scholarly projects;
- Exploring new opportunities for cross-office/program collaboration;
- Designing websites for special initiatives;
- Building a social media presence for programs, offices, and initiatives.
Fellows will be placed in locations such as the Provost’s Office, the Advanced Research Collaborative, and the New Media Lab.
In addition to serving in the particular location of assignment, Fellows will participate in group activities that include biannual skills workshops and regular meetings aimed at forming a collective support network.
The total compensation for the award is $20,000. This funding will include a graduate assistant appointment that will carry eligibility to purchase the low-cost NYSHIP health insurance as well as in-state tuition remission for fellows who are within their first 10 registered semesters of study. Digital Fellows will be required to work a total of 450 non-teaching hours during the academic year (two 15 week semesters).
To apply, please send a short statement of interest (no more than 1-2 pages), a CV, a list of digital projects undertaken and/or completed, and the names of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Fellows Program Application” in the subject line. Applications must be received by May 29, 2012 to be considered, but review of applications will begin immediately.
Please contact Matthew K. Gold, Advisor to the Provost for Master’s Programs and Digital Initiatives, at email@example.com with any questions you might have.